You can upgrade the CSI Driver for Dell PowerFlex using Helm or Dell CSI Operator.
Update Driver from v2.1 to v2.2 using Helm
git clone -b v2.2.0 https://github.com/dell/csi-powerflex.gitto clone the git repository and get the v2.2.0 driver.
- You need to create config.yaml with the configuration of your system. Check this section in installation documentation: Install the Driver You must set the only system managed in v1.5/v2.0/v2.1 driver as default in config.json in v2.2 so that the driver knows the existing volumes belong to that system.
- Update values file as needed.
- Run the
csi-installscript with the option --upgrade by running:
cd ../dell-csi-helm-installer && ./csi-install.sh --namespace vxflexos --values ./myvalues.yaml --upgrade.
- If you are upgrading from a driver version that was installed using Helm v2, ensure that you install Helm3 before installing the driver.
- To update any installation parameter after the driver has been installed, change the
myvalues.yamlfile and run the install script with the option --upgrade, for example:
./csi-install.sh --namespace vxflexos --values ./myvalues.yaml --upgrade.
- The logging configuration from v1.5 will not work in v2.1, since the log configuration parameters are now set in the values.yaml file located at helm/csi-vxflexos/values.yaml. Please set the logging configuration parameters in the values.yaml file.
Upgrade using Dell CSI Operator:
Note: Upgrading the Operator does not upgrade the CSI Driver.