Release Notes - CSI Driver for PowerScale v2.1.0
- Added support for OpenShift v4.9.
- Added support for CSI spec 1.5.
- Added support for new access modes in CSI Spec 1.5.
- Added support for PV/PVC metrics.
- Added ability to accept leader election timeout flags.
- Added support for Dell EMC PowerScale 9.3.
- Added support for volume health monitoring.
There are no fixed issues in this release.
|Issue||Resolution or workaround, if known|
|If the length of the nodeID exceeds 128 characters, the driver fails to update the CSINode object and installation fails. This is due to a limitation set by CSI spec which doesn’t allow nodeID to be greater than 128 characters.||The CSI PowerScale driver uses the hostname for building the nodeID which is set in the CSINode resource object, hence we recommend not having very long hostnames in order to avoid this issue. This current limitation of 128 characters is likely to be relaxed in future Kubernetes versions as per this issue in the community: https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/gcp-compute-persistent-disk-csi-driver/issues/581
Note: In kubernetes 1.22 this limit has been relaxed to 192 characters.
|If some older NFS exports /terminated worker nodes still in NFS export client list, CSI driver tries to add a new worker node it fails (For RWX volume).||User need to manually clean the export client list from old entries to make successful additon of new worker nodes.|
|Delete namespace that has PVCs and pods created with the driver. The External health monitor sidecar crashes as a result of this operation.||Deleting the namespace deletes the PVCs first and then removes the pods in the namespace. This brings a condition where pods exist without their PVCs and causes the external-health-monitor sidecar to crash. This is a known issue and has been reported at https://github.com/kubernetes-csi/external-health-monitor/issues/100|
- Support for kurbernetes alpha features like Volume Health Monitoring and RWOP (ReadWriteOncePod) access mode introduced in the release will not be available in Openshift environment as Openshift doesn’t support enabling of alpha features for Production Grade clusters.