You can upgrade CSI Driver for Dell PowerMax using Helm or Dell CSI Operator.
Note: CSI Driver for Powermax v2.4.0 requires 10.0 REST endpoint support of Unisphere.
Updating the CSI Driver to use 10.0 Unisphere
- Upgrade the Unisphere to have 10.0 endpoint support.Please find the instructions here.
- Update the
my-powermax-settings.yamlto have endpoint with 10.0 support.
Update Driver from v2.5 to v2.6 using Helm
git clone -b v2.6.0 https://github.com/dell/csi-powermax.gitto clone the git repository and get the driver.
- Update the values file as needed.
- Run the
csi-installscript with the option --upgrade by running:
cd ../dell-csi-helm-installer && ./csi-install.sh --namespace powermax --values ./my-powermax-settings.yaml --upgrade.
- If you are upgrading from a driver version that was installed using Helm v2, ensure that you install Helm3 before installing the driver.
- To update any installation parameter after the driver has been installed, change the
my-powermax-settings.yamlfile and run the install script with the option --upgrade, for example:
./csi-install.sh --namespace powermax --values ./my-powermax-settings.yaml –upgrade.
- You cannot upgrade between drivers with different fsGroupPolicies. To check the current driver’s fsGroupPolicy, use this command:
kubectl describe csidriver csi-powermaxand check the “Spec” section:
... Spec: Attach Required: true Fs Group Policy: ReadWriteOnceWithFSType Pod Info On Mount: false Requires Republish: false Storage Capacity: false ...
Upgrade using Dell CSI Operator:
Note: Upgrading the Operator does not upgrade the CSI Driver.